Here’s the sermon discussion guide from the message from Acts 6:1-7 today at Renovation Church. We will be meeting as a small group via Zoom on Wednesday at 7:30pm to discuss these questions. We’d be honored to have you join us!
Book of Acts – Week 16 – Discussion Guide (Download Link)
Before working on this discussion guide, please do the following:
- Watch the message from this past Sunday if you were unable to attend the online service. You can find the message on our Facebook Page and on our website (renovationchurchsd.com).
- Spend 5 minutes or so in prayer. You can either pray through the “Lord’s Prayer” or simply share what is on your heart. It is also good to spend at least 1 full minute in silence so that God can quiet your heart and mind as you prepare to study the Scriptures.
- Read slowly and prayerfully through Acts 6:1-7. What stands out to you? What questions do you still have after reading through the text?
- Tyler shared that in this passage Satan is trying to destroy the church through division. Have you ever witnessed division in the church? What steps do you think the church can take to prevent division?
- The first part of the Apostle’s solution to the problem was to gather the entire church together. Why was it so important for the entire church to be involved rather than just the Apostles?
- The Apostles give three qualifications for those serving in the leadership role of the daily distribution: they must have a good reputation; they must be full of the Holy Spirit; and they must be full of wisdom. In your own words, explain what each of these mean and why it’s important.
Full of the Holy Spirit:
Full of wisdom:
- If you recognize that you are lacking in one of those three areas (all of us are) what is one or two specific steps you can take this week to grow in that area?
- Think for a minute about your own church (even if you’re not part of Renovation Church). Is there any areas of responsibilities you can assume so that the pastor(s) of your church can devote themselves more fully to the ministry of the Word and prayer?
- Finally, as you think through Acts 6:1-7 and reflect on the message from last Sunday, what is one way you are seeking to apply this message to your life?